Download my Spider
Solitaire game for Windows with full Visual C++ source code
View the site for my Nintendo DS game (moved here because the original site has been down).
US Citizen currently in Manchester, U.K. area
e-mail: sharan at sgvgames.com
Languages and APIs:
Unreal Engine 2/3/4
Torque (TGE, TGEA, TGB)
Various Proprietary engines
XNA Game Studio Express
|PC (DOS, Windows (3.X/95/98))
|| Atari ST
|| IBM Mainframe
Published Game Titles
|Squadron 42 (PC)
||Star Citizen (PC)
||Hood: Outlaws and Legends (PC/Console)
|Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBox One)
||Game of Thrones: Beyond The Wall (iOS/Android)
||Dead by Daylight (Switch)
|Terminator Resistance (iOS)
||Bioshock Collection (XBox One/PS4)
|Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
||Medal of Honor Warfighter
||Shrek the Third (Windows PC)
|Star Wars Galaxies: Complete Online Adventures (Bonus DVD)
||Mavis Beacon Schools
||Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz
|Flash AS3 version demo of Mevo and the Grooveriders
||Rewrote Vine Swing game on Ty Beanie Babies site
||Various other flash games on Ty Beanie Babies and Ty Girlz sites
|Worked on Flash game for Hallmark Rainbow Brite.
||National Geographic DogTown
- Senior UI Programmer - Cloud Imperium Games (October 2021-April 2022)
- C++ Ui Programming in CryEngine for Star Citizen and Squadron 42
- Senior UI Programmer - Sumo Digital (January 2021-July 2021)
- C++/UMG UI Programming in Unreal Engine 4 for Hood: Outlaws & Legends.
- System Programmer - Behaviour Interactive (June 2018-September 2019)
Senior UI Developer (Contract) (February 2018-May 2018)
- UI Programming for Dead By Daylight (Switch)
- Developed and documented Toast Notification system for Dead By Daylight (all platforms)
- UI Integration in Unity for Game of Thrones: Beyond The Wall (mobile).
- UI Programming in C++ and Scaleform for Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Wrote documentation on the existing UI system.
- Author/Technical Reviewer - Packt Press (November 2017-July 2019)
- Reviewed book Getting Started With React VR for errors and clarity
- Wrote 2nd edition of Learning C++ by Creating Games with UE4
- Unity UI Programmer - C2K (December 2017-January 2018)
- Programmed interactive touchscreen kiosk for Toyota for the auto show in Unity.
- Programmer - University of Southern California (January 2017-May 2017)
- Developed procedural audio w/ MIDI modifiable based on game events (started in Unity, switched to UE4)
- Team was selected to participate in USC Gamepipe Demo Showcase
- Programmer – Contract (November 2015-December 2016)
Clients included: Mogol, Milo Digital, Kite & Lightning.
- Started building UI in Coherent. Blueprint scripting and C++ in Unreal Engine 4 for VR game.
- Implemented updates, new features, & bug fixes in Actionscript 3/Air/Starling on Terminator Resistance (iOS)
- Greatly enhanced functionality of customer service tool for game using PHP/AWS/Riak.
- Managed AI/Pathfinding fixes to substantially improve performance
- Programmer - Blind Squirrel Games (June 2015-October 2015)
- UI Programming in C++, Unrealscript, and Actionscript on unannounced title (Xbox One/PS4/PC).
- Programmer II (UI) - Sony Online Entertainment (November 2013-April 2015)
- UI Programming in Actionscript/Scaleform, Lua, and XML on the Landmark/Everquest Next team.
- C++ programming and creation of a simple datasource for an update to the Teleport UI in Landmark
- Fixing bugs in Actionscript, Lua, XML, and C++ and redirecting bugs that weren’t in my area to the appropriate people.
- Working with designers, artists, programmers, producers, and QA to make the best UI possible.
- UI Engineer - Marquee Productions (April 2013-July 2013)
- UI Programming in Actionscript/Scaleform, Unrealscript, and some C++ in the Unreal Engine.
- Converting existing AS2 2 widgets to AS, and building AS3 library for FlashDevelop utilizing Scaleform CLIK Controls.
- Building Unrealscript classes to handle interaction with the Scaleform widgets.
- UI Scripter - Electronic Arts (Danger Close Games) (March 2012-January 2013)
- Actionscript 2 Scaleform programming for Medal of Honor Warfighter
- C++ and Actionscript 2 Scaleform programming for Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel
- Game Developer - Asvathaa (February 2011-March 2012)
- AS3 (Flash Develop) and PHP programming on Karma Kingdom Facebook game
- Built systems using Facebook API for handling all requests and wall posts
- Part Time Faculty – The Art Institute of California (Santa Monica) (July 2010-June 2011)
- Taught Fundamentals of Programming (C++) in Game Programming degree
- Taught Artificial Intelligence and Physics, Winter 2011
- Taught Advanced Artificial Intelligence, Spring 2011
- Part Time Faculty – The Art Institute of California (Inland Empire) (April 2011-June 2011)
- Taught Fundamentals of Authoring (Actionscript) and User Interface Design 2
- Game Programmer (Contract) - Collision Studios (December 2009-February 2011)
- Actionscript 2 Flash Game programming on National Geographic DogTown game (PC download and web demo version) - Took existing game, cleaned it up, fixed the bugs, and got it ready to ship
- C++ and Lua game programming on game update (Mavis Beacon Keyboarding Kidz) using the Playground SDK - Updated to the latest version of the SDK, fixed bugs related to the update, and made UI updates
- C++/Lua programming/bug fixes using the Playground SDK on Mavis Beacon Schools
- Comtract Game Developer (June 2009-February 2011)
- Clients include: Animax Entertainment, Popkiller Games, Zack Ford
- Flash Actionscript 3 programming/bug fixes on unreleased Facebook game.
- PHP programming for Facebook Neighbor Invites, Gifts
- C++ programming/bug fixes on educational title (in development).
- Actionscript 3 Flash and Back-end Java Game programming on virtual world site.
- Comtract Game Developer - Zero G Games (June 2009-July 2010)
- Actionscript Flash/Flex programming on RepoMen Cometh, Facebook demo game, and various projects.
- PHP programming to inferface with Flash.
- Game Developer - Animax Entertainment (November 2008-June 2009)
- Actionscript 3 Flash Game programming
- Debugging and updating existing Actionscript games and virtual world sites.
- Game Developer - Zero G Games (July 2008-October 2008)
- Actionscript 3 Flash Game programming on Flash demo of "Mevo and the Grooveriders" - Built audio engine, level loading, layout and design, gameplay, asset loading and management, etc.
- Actionscript 3 Flash/Flex programming on various other projects.
- HTML/DHTML Developer - NBC Universal (November 2007-April 2008)
- HTML/XHTML programming for Universal Studios Hollywood website
- Image creation and manipulation in Photoshop and ImageReady
- Game Programmer - Infinite Monkey Factory (August 2006 - November 2007)
- Flash/Actionscript programming for Star Wars Galaxies: Complete Online Adventures bonus DVD-ROM
- Worked on PC port of game for Shrek the Third, released in May '07:
- Integrated FMOD C++ code for audio
- Work on Save/load functionality for game and options saving in C++
- UI programming work in C++ and Lua
- Java programming for online 3d game (cenceled)
- Flash/Java Game Programmer - ISI (February 2006 - August 2007)
- Flash/Actionscript programming for educational games to teach math to K-12 students
- Server-side Java programming for those educational games
- Extensively expanded Java testing code to assist in debugging
- Coordinated communication between Flash and back-end
- Maintenance and updating of MySQL Database
- PHP/MYSQL programming to make web pages easier to maintain
- HTML/DHTML Developer - NBC Universal (July 2005-February, 2006)
- Web Developer, Team One Advertising
(June 2001-June 2005)
- Creating HTML and ASP pages using Homesite, Editpad, and
- Cleaning up existing HTML pages.
- Working with Visual Sourcesafe and Teamsite
- Webmaster, Rockers Online
- Created and designed site, determining its functionality and user
- Doing all site programming in PHP
- Maintaining and updating site in FrontPage 2000 and Cold Fusion
- Creating, designing, and hosting various other sites.
- Senior HTML Programmer, Weddingchannel.com
(Aug. 1999-Apr. 2001)
- San Francisco office Aug. 2000-Apr. 2001
- Hand-coding pages and dynamic templates in Homesite w/ ASP,
- HTML lead on integration with former Della.com site, managing all
HTML related aspects of the project
- Troubleshooting/fixing HTML and image-related browser and server
- Providing support and problem solving assistance to other HTMLers
in both L.A. and S.F offices.
- Managing HTML/image files in Visual SourceSafe/Clear Case and on
IIS/Netscape Application Servers.
- Graphics work in Photoshop and ImageReady when necessary.
- Working with project managers, QA, and Java developers to
determine what issues are HTML and what require changes in the
server-side Java code.
- Created ASP functions to output DoubleClick ads when passed the
- Los Angeles office,
Aug. 1999-Aug 2000
- Hand-coded HTML pages and templates in Cold Fusion Studio making
- Created Flash template to prevent the browser from asking to
install the plugin.
- Did troubleshooting and fixed HTML and image related browser and
- Pushed files to various test servers and the live site.
- HTML lead on http://Bloomingdales.WeddingChannel.com
- managed all HTML aspects of the original launch and used extensive
DHTML to satisfy Bloomingdale’s requirements.
- Served as primary support for junior HTML Programmers.
- Freelance Writer, Music.com (Sept.
- Wrote music reviews and articles.
- Integrator/Developer, The Bank of New York (Apr. 98-Jun. 99)
- Designed/produced a prototype corporate training web site w/
animation, HTML help authoring, general PC troubleshooting, desktop publishing,
Windows help file production, etc.
- Freelance Integrator, Doubleclick
- Produced HTML and basic web graphics
- Communication Computer Lab, Florida State University
- Lab Manager -- Management, Lab Scheduling, Installation, Technical Support
- PPSI Software (Nov. 95-Aug. 96)
- Technical Writer/Web Page Developer
- Various Editorial Positions (8/92-8/96)
- Science Fiction Chronicle
- Editorial Assistant (Part Time) -- General Assistance
- Thomas Publishing (Thomas Register of
- Assistant Editor -- Editing, Proofreading, Data Entry (started as temp, hired full time)
- SEC Online
- Copy Marker -- Reformatting and Tagging Electronic Documents
- American Institute of Physics
- Freelance Copy Editor -- Copy Editing, Copy Marking; Production Editor Trainee -- Copy
Editing, Copy Marking, Other Assistance
- Creem Magazine
- Editorial Assistant (Intern) -- Editing, Proofreading, Writing, Fact
Education And Honors
- Certificate in Digital Signal Processing, UCLA Extension (in progress)
- B.S. in Computer Science, University of Southern California (Graduated May '09)
- Dean's List (4.0 GPA), Fall '04), Fall '06, Spring '07
- Certificate in Applications Programming program, UCLA Extension
(Graduated Dec. '02)
- Classes in C, C++, Visual Basic, UML, Java, Windows Programming, Windows 2000 Server, Relational
Database Management, Client Server Computing and Software Project Management
- GameInstitute.com classes (Intro to C/C++)
- Completed Official Macromedia training: Fast Track to Flash and Actionscript (full week)
- M.S. in Communication, emphasis in "Interactive and New Communication Technologies" from Florida State
University (Graduated December, 1997)
- M.S. in Publishing Program, Pace University (completed except for thesis)
- B.A. - Liberal Studies (English, Media Arts and Philosophy), SUNY Stonybrook
(Graduated December, 91)
- Former Member of Mensa
- Regents Diploma with Honors, Plainview-Old Bethpage High School, Plainview, N.Y.
(Graduated June, 87)
- WUSB 90.1 FM
Stonybrook, NY (88-92)
- Disc Jockey; Engineer; Interviewer/Story Reader for Destinies;
Producer/Engineer/Host/Founder of Local Rock (Sent in World Bang, winner of Snickers New
- Online chat moderator - Genie Science Fiction Round Table
- Sold story "A Late Night Snack" to the Dark
Rapture anthology from Dark Raptor Press.
- Associate member, Horror Writers Association
- Member, Los Angeles Music Network
- Member, Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society
- Member, Greater Los Angeles Writers Society
- Member, International Game Developers Association
- Member, Game Audio Network Guild
- Newsflashes (Martin Van Buren High School ESL Newspaper) (Fall/Winter, 1991/92)
- Technical Advisor (Desktop Publishing)
- Editor of NYPIRG Newsletter, SUNY Stonybrook (Spring, 1989)
- Science Fiction Forum, SUNY Stonybrook (Spring, 1989 - Present)